Your chance to win a BRAND NEW 2012 Sea Doo GTS Personal Water Craft and SHAKE THE LAKES is running out! We give it away this Saturday August 11th.
We want to make you a finalist and give you the exclusive chance to start the Sea Doo and win it. Qualify every hour from 6am-Midnight by listening for the “Shake the Lakes” cue to call! When you hear it be the 25th caller to 732 Wink or 1-800-962-0106 and you will be a FINALIST!
If you make it in and become a finalist you will join us this coming Saturday the 11th (race weekend) at the Tiki Bar… one lucky finalist will start the Sea Doo and WIN IT!Shake the Lakes on your new 2012 Sea Doo GTS Personal Watercraft with trailer… sponsored by Ithaca Recreation sport, Coor’s Light and Wink 106!
Shake the Lakes!”
These are the rules governing the Shake the Lakes (“Contest”), aired on WNKI-FM, WPGI-FM, and WNGZ-FM. This Contest is operated by Backyard Broadcasting and its wholly owned subsidiary, Chemung County Radio, Inc., together the (“Company”) and its station, WINK 106, WNKI-FM WINGZ 1049, WNGZ-FM, THE BIG PIG WPGI-FM (“WNKI, WNGZ, WPGI”). These Rules were initially published on June 22, 2012. These rules were originally written on June 22nd 2012 and modified on August 6th 2012
1. Contest runs beginning on Monday, July 1 2012 and ends on Saturday, August 11, 2012. Prize awarded to be a Jet Ski, personal water craft with trailer at an estimated value of $11,000with NO cash option, however, winner will have some obligations, which will include but not be limited to applicable taxes, license, and insurance.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited. Rules will be aired on WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ during this contest. Contestants may participate in the Contest a maximum of one (1) time at each participating location that will be announced in advance. Any additional attempts by a contestant will automatically be void and any prize awarded to an ineligible contestant will be deemed null and void.
3. The Contest is open to all eligible U.S. residents of New York State and Pennsylvania, 21 or over with a valid photo state issued ID or drivers license. You must have a valid street address in the state of NY or PA (a P.O. Box address will not suffice). Employees, directors, officers, and agents of sponsor, sponsors, Company, WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ, and their parent companies, divisions, dealers, retailers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Contest, and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media or mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNKI, WPGI, and WNGZ main studio are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents (including in-laws), brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse, including step-relatives. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. Employees of alcoholic beverage retailers and distributors are also not eligible to enter to win.
4. Anytime you call the WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast. By participating, winners grant permission for their picture, voice and telephone call to be recorded, rebroadcast and posted on Backyard Broadcasting station websites and promotional and sales materials for use by the Stations. Winner hereby grants Company a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free sub-license (through multiple tiers), right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote their picture and voice, in all media now known or hereinafter created.
5. The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. Winner of the Contest will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the main studios of WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ located at 2205 College Ave., Elmira, NY 14901, prior to claiming prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form.
6. Winners will be expected to claim prize at Ithaca Recreation Sport, Ithaca, NY between 8am - 5pm, Monday-Tuesday or Thursday-Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are the winner. Contestants must possess a valid NY or PA photo I.D.(acceptable to the Dealership), bearing the picture of the contestant and social security card (to verify their social security number) that will be presented to the Ithaca Recreation Sport Dealership and accepted before the prize is awarded. Prize will be forfeited if not claimed as outlined above.
7. Grand Prize is not transferable. One Grand Prize will be awarded, a 2012 Sea Doo GTS, Personal Watercraft with trailer. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
8. How to Play:
a. Contestants must enter by going to one of the “on air promoted” locations, completing a registration form, during the hours the radio stations are present or other hours are announced. A select number of “finalists” will be drawn at the end of each “on air promoted” location appearance. There will be approximately 10 locations designated as registration locations.
b. Starting Sunday July 1st through Saturday August 11th, listen to WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ Sunday through Saturday. The “stations” will promote where the “next” location to enter will be. It is the interested parties’ responsibility to find their own transportation to events to enter. As well the “stations” Starting August 6 through August 10 will promote a “listen for a cue to call” contest. Then be the specified caller to be qualified as a “finalist”. There may be only one (1) qualified finalist per household and mailing address.
c. Qualified Semi-finalists must be present at The Tiki Bar, Redding, NY, on Saturday August 11th, 2012 to win, and must be checked in with Contest personnel by 7pm to remain eligible. The Grand Prize winner will be selected as follows: There will be approximately 100 semi-finalists, separated into groups of three upon registration. Each individual inside each group; will be called on stage. Each Semi-finalist will be given a key chain with a 3 digit code. That code will be entered into a computer 2 xs (to verify code). Once entered the computer will determine if the code is correct or incorrect. Correct code holders will move to the “finalist” status. Incorrect code holders will be excused. There will be a total of no more than 9 “finalists”. However could be fewer than 9. At random the “finalists” will be called on stage to select a key. One key will start the Personal Water Craft. The person that starts the watercraft first (from the finalists group). Shall be deemed the winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. The winner will be awarded the grand prize of a 2012 Sea Doo GTS Personal Watercraft and accompanying trailer.
9. There is only one (1) Grand Prize winner. Semi-finalists must be present to win on the day of number entering and must be checked in by 7pm Saturday August 11, at the Tiki Bar. No substitution will be permitted.
10. Ithaca Recreation Sport is providing a Jet Ski watercraft for a winner, however, winner will have some obligations, which will include but not be limited to applicable taxes, license, and insurance. Dealer prep fees, tags, and taxes may apply
11. Limitation on Liability: By entering, all entrants release the Company and WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, promotional partners and employees from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. The Company and WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or errors of the U.S. Postal service. The Company and WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ are not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company and WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Company and WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
12. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
13. Contest Disputes: WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ’s Management shall be the sole arbiters of the Contest and in the interpretation of Contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the Contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ. And reserves the right to change, alter, or modify these Rules or to stop the Contest at any time with or without written notice.
14. WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way. WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a Rule as outlined above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
15. In the event the winner is subject to or is the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ’s awarding the prize to the winner. WNKI, WPGI and WNGZ shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WNKI, WPGI or WNGZ shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
16. A copy of these Rules is also available during business hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at the studios, 2205 College Ave. Elmira, NY.