These are the rules governing all contests aired on WNKI and on the wink106.com website. In the following rules, "WNKI" means Community Broadcasters, LLC, which owns WNKI radio:
1. Some WNKI contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on WNKI during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the WNKI studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WNKI reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WNKI studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All WNKI contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WNKI that will be presented to WNKI and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WNKI studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of WNKI Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNKI main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. WNKI reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. WNKI and Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. WNKI reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond WNKI’s control warrant.
13. WNKI reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. WNKI shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding WNKI’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WNKI, as defined at the exclusive discretion of WNKI management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not WNKI's responsibility.
16. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the WNKI studios.